Twitter Feed
Contact Us
This form does not yet contain any fields.


    Whether you just closed a huge new account or if you are moving into that sweet new office; chances are you need proof of insurance - and you need it fast!

    Here @ Insurance4Technology, we utilize the best insurance tech available to turn around customized quotes catered to your exact needs in hours, not days.


    Business Insurance Products

    If you are starting a business or already own one, you need protection. Insurance 4 Technology assists hundreds of small tech related businesses with insurance and risk management. We've outlined some of the most common and valuable insurance products below to provide a high level overview of why they are so important.

    General Liability and Business Owners & Package Policy

    Commercial General Liability (CGL) will probably be the first type of coverage required of you by contract. General Liability protects you from claims of bodily injury and or property damage you cause during the course of your service rendered. Coverage can also apply to your product if you are a manufacturer. Advertising Injury and Personal Injury are typically included as well. This will respond to suits involving libel and slander for example. Most carriers will provide options to add Hired and Non-owned Auto Liability and an Umbrella or Excess Liability. More information on these coverages can be found below. Learn more...

    Professional Liability (aka Errors & Omissions)

    You may not be required to carry Professional liability (E&O) by your clients, but this is probably your biggest exposure. Many carriers will offer a stand alone professional liability limit, or give you the option to add more specific coverage like intellectual property protection and cyber liability on the same policy. Essentially, these vital coverages protect you if a client claims that they suffered a financial loss due to a mistake you make or your negligence. Learn more...

    Cyber Liability

    Cyber liability has become more of a necessity that optional coverage for technology related businesses. This important coverage protects businesses against liability from the theft or loss of data, as well as liability and expenses due to a breach of privacy or security. This coverage can sometimes be called "Network Security and Privacy Insurnace" in contracts. It is always required, but larger companies will typically require this coverage when your work involves accessing their systems or gathering data on their behalf. Learn more...

    Hired Auto & Non-Owned Auto

    Hired auto liability is designed to protect your business for vehicles rented by employees for business purposes. The most common example is when a rental vehicle is used on business related travel. The coverage can be added via an endorsement and physical damage can typically be added if desired. Non-owned auto liability is designed to protect the business when employees use personal vehicles on personal business. Hired & Non-owned auto can be added to satisfy contract requirements when there are no vehicle owned by the business. Learn more...

    Umbrella Liability (aka Excess Liability)

    An umbrella can be added as an additional policy or sometimes endorsed onto your package policy. It is a way to increase limits over the underlying General Liaiblity, Auto Liaiblity, and Employers Liability. Umbrella limits can range from $1,000,000 to $10,000,000 depending on amount needed. Learn more...

    Workers Compensation Insurance

    In many states, if you have any employees, you are required to cover them under a Workers' Compensation policy. Workers' Compensation has two coverage areas: 1) medical and disability coverage for on-the-job injuries or work related illness, and 2) coverage for your liability if an employee is injured on the job and alleges that your negligence contributed to the injury or illness (Employers’ Liability). In many states sole proprietors and company principals such as owners, officers and partners can exclude themselves from workers' compensation coverage. Learn more...

    Employer's Liability Coverage

    Workers’ Compensation policies also provide coverage in the event that you are sued by an employee that is injured at work who alledges that it was your company’s negligence or failure to provide a safe workplace that caused their injury. 

    Fidelity or Commercial Dishonesty Bond (aka Employee Dishonesty)

    Often required when you have clients in banking or financial services, third party Employee Dishonesty provides coverage when an employee steals money, equipment or other assets from one of your clients. This may include theft of money by electronic funds transfer. (First party fidelity covers your property but is applied for separately.) Learn more...

    Certificate of Liability

    A Certificate of Liability Insurance (COI) is a document that identifies the key coverages of an insurance policy or policies, including start and expiration dates, terms of coverage, covered parties (including primary insured parties and those with “additional insured” status), and policy limits. These certificates are frequently used as evidence of insurance coverage in lieu of an entire insurance policy as they present high level coverage information in a more condensed format. Learn more...

    Other Insurance Products

    Based on your business type, ownership structure and employee size, you may also wish to consider more specialized insurance policies such as the following. Please contact us to learn more about these policies.

    Employment Practices Liability Insurance (EPLI)

    An increasingly popular coverage, EPLI responds to allegations such as discrimination, wrongful termination and sexual harassment of employees. This coverage is seldom required by client contracts, but can be very important for a rapidly growing company.

    Directors and Officers Liability (D&O Insurance)

    The personal assets of private companies’ directors and officers are at risk from suits by a variety of entities: customers and clients, shareholders, competitors or suppliers, and government agencies. But the greatest number of suits against directors and officers are employment-related lawsuits brought by employees of the company. Directors and Officers insurance is frequently bundled in a package with Employment Practices Liability Insurance (EPLI).

    Property Coverage

    Coverage for your business owned property (desks, phones, computers, etc.) can be included with General Liability coverage. Property insurance protects your business property against physical loss or damage by theft, fire or other means. A Business Owners’ Policy is a type of package policy that includes General Liability and Property coverage for a single annual premium.

    Commercial Auto

    Coverage for liability associated with the use of vehicles titled in the company name. Comprehensive and collision coverage are often included to cover damage to the owned vehicles.

    Still want to learn more? We've assembled educational articles on these and other types of insurance in our resources section.

    Ready to get started? Simply complete our fast, online application to receive a free quote for your insurance needs.

    Auto and Homeowners Insurance

    Whether you are still in bootstrap mode and do the rent and ramen thing or your business is taking off and you just upgraded your digs, Insurance 4 Technology can help! We have access to great carriers to protect your Toyota to Tesla... We know your gear is valuable to you and we know how to cover it. You'll get the protection you need at a great price, with quotes and ongoing service by our experienced staff. Learn more...

    Give Us a Shot
    Follow Us
    Contact Info
    Legal Stuff

    California license #0D04053

    Copyright © 2016, Brown & Brown Insurance Services of CA, Inc. All rights reserved.

    This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License.

    Powered by Awesurance

    Admin | Forms